Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"Soul Purl 77" Mixtape


1. James Brown - The payback
2. Curtis Mayfield - Ghetto child
3. D'Angelo - Playa playa
4. Al Green - I can't get next to you
5. John Lee Hooker - Bad boy
6. R.L. Burnside - See what my buddy done
7. Howlin' Wolf - Down in the bottom
8. Sam Cooke - Trouble blues
9. Otis Redding - That's how strong my love is
10. Ray Charles - Night time is the right time
11. Little Richard - Lucille
12. Sly & the Family Stone - Fun
13. Fela Kuti - Fear not for man
14. DJ Bird Flu - Funky drummer (James Brown remix)
15. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
16. Black Star - Astronomy (8th light)
17. Afrika Bambaataa - Unity part 1 (the third coming)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, one hell of a mix tape! I use the humming intro of #8, Sam Cooke's "Trouble Blues," on my website.

Erik Greene
Author, "Our Uncle Sam: The Sam Cooke Story From His Family's Perspective"
www.OurUncleSam.com